Re: (TFT) TFT Release

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, grabowski wrote:

> > I think I recall reading somewhere, perhaps in an issue of TSG,
> > (on the design of GURPS?) that Howard quoted SJ was $250,000.00
> > While TFT was popular, I don't think it was ever that popular!
> >
> Following Dan's line, if someone did get the rights from Howard is
> it really worth it except for you gentlemen out there in list land.

I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to rain on the
parade!  Would it really be worth to spend that much cash to
publish a few house rules or to put TFT out there in the public
domain?  I have my doubts.  Not to mention the legal hassles of
trying to put together a company with a committee of 100 memebers.
Or did I miss the point there?

> As a brighter spot, remember house rules were around before the
> demise of the "profit-making (ha!)" TFT and they are around now.
> There is nothing Howard can do about those and I think this is
> what this forum is about.

I have to agree with this.  I don't see any reason why we can't
pass around house rules to each other, the same as we would do
if we were all gathered around someone's kitchen table. (See the
websites!)

> Question as a list:  At what age did you start to play TFT and
> what year was that?  I was 20 in 1979 and 18 when I bought
> Melee/Wizard two years earlier (41 going on death)

Gee, lessee ... I was a Senior in HS when I found RPG Nirvana.
So I guess I bought my first copies in late '78.

Dan Tulloh
daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com