Re: (TFT) WHY???

From: srydzews@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) WHY???
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:51:36 -0400

But this game [The Fantasy Trip] keeps coming up. On
the tekumel listserv, the warhammer FRP listserv, people keep
talking about this game, saying that it would make a good
replacement for the clunky systems that are tied to their cool
settings.

I'm interested to hear what those listserv comments are. They are probably people from this list commenting also in those lists. Do you have any more info?

[Stan said he would invest $1000 into TFT project.] It probably
sounds stupid to be so fired up about this...but gaming is not
something about which I show any restraint or moderation.  I
devote virtually every second of my free time to running,
playing, and preparing for games.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a hobby and make some income on it too. You're probably going to spend that $1000 on some other entertainment item. And it won't spread the joy around that TFT would. 2 years ago, I would have invested $5000 into the project; now however I would only invest maybe $100. Married life has slightly changed a priority.

Hail Melee

John Paul