Re: (TFT) TFT: Net & Trident

> Brett writes . . .
>
> >Well, I think Trident is really just a special spear. So, I'd have Net
> >be a separate skill, with Polearm covering Trident. I think the aspects
> >of fighting with net and trident don't warrant a special "Net and
> >Trident" skill. I don't see why you couldn't fight with net and sword,
> >or net and cudgel. I think the only reason they are combined is because
> >net and trident was a classic gladiator combo.
>
>    I agree totally.

Remember the Dino DeLaurents Three Musketeer movies that came out in the
70's? Those guys were always useing something in their off hand, often their
capes. Seems like a simalar style.....

>    Good point.  Perhaps we might try zero-time ready maneuvers when
> unengaged, but it takes a turn if engaged.

If I'm counting 1 second turns then it 's at least 1 turn to ready a weapon.
And has anyone ever used a crankquin on a crossbow or tamped a ball and wad
style firearm?

> Michael writes . . .
>
> >Sounds like a good new spell!
>
>    What about Long-Distance Teleportation?  Does that qualify, or would
this
> theoretical spell have a material component (like an orb)?

I'd say it'd require a component like Demons blood.

> >I have often wondered if the Boomerang damage wasn't a Typo.
> >What if it was supposed to be 1+2, and only the "2" made it
> >to press.
>
>    I'm sure Steve intended it to be 2 dice.  I'll bet he looked at the
light
> crossbow (ST 12/same damage) and used that for comparison.

I AGREE! If a crossbow can do 2 dice then why not a boomerang? F = M * A The
only reason a little old bolt does any damage at all is because of it's
velocity. How much more would a boomerang weigh than a bolt? Has anyone here
ever played disc golf?

Jay
<saddend over the loss of the Teletubbies>