Re: (TFT) Illusory Light?

> Or more clearly, does an Illusion of a firey or glowing
> object emit light such that it may be used to read by?

A difficult point indeed.  I am of the opinion that it
does emit real light.  Consider an illusionary bonfire
on top of a hill.  I see no reason why it wouldn't be
visible a half-mile away at night.  Is the power of the
illusion spell truly such that it exerts a direct
influence on the minds of onlookers a half-mile away,
even if there's a thousand such onlookers?

It's possible to argue that the spell is that powerful,
or that the bonfire wouldn't be visible half a mile
away, but IMO such approaches just lead to additional
complications.  I think having the spell emit real light
is the best interpretation.

However, this does mean that it is important to give a
maximum light output for the spell.  Say, about as much
as a one-hex Fire or a fire elemental.