Re: (TFT) More thoughts on healing spells

Neil Gilmore wrote:

> It may just be the way I run things, but my way seems to work for me. I
> allow Physicking per wound (as opposed to per combat, or anything else).

Which seems to just make sense overall, doesn't it?  Otherwise, it's
like managed healthcare.  "Sorry about that nasty gash on your head, but
the leg needed tending more..."  Why can the doc do less _per_wound_,
because you have more wounds?  :)

> I also specifically don't allow Physicking of
> fatigue.

I'm pretty sure fatigue could _never_ be physiked, by the canon, at
least.

> In scenarios where there's lots of fighting, the ST tends to wear
> down over time, and sometimes there just isn't enough time to rest between
> fights.

Seems the sort of flavor we should be looking for.

> I also tend to be a bit of an amoral GM. I'll try to balance scenarios
> versus characters, but if they want to be stupid, they'll die. Making TFT
> characters is easy enough that it doesn't take large amounts of time, and
> adventurers do die. Dumb ones die out faster.

Dumb ones, alright.  But speaking with my player hat on, if you want
characters that don't look and act like they were genned in ten minutes,
don't be cavalier about the lives of characters that clearly were given
more care.

> (Actually, what I really like is when someone makes a character without any
> combat skills at all. They're usually the smartest PCs, because they don't
> want to fight at all.)

I've got this witch I'm running just now.  Most offensive spell is a
tie, Fire or Curse (all witches need Curse, I think it's a union rule).
But she's arguably the most powerful magician among the four in the
party.  Spell synergies and timely applications to events make the
difference.  It's about how you use what you have.