Re: (TFT) Re: Grouchy character sheet

> I have a couple copies of Delphi sitting around here somewhere but I
> couldn't make any money getting a job with it!

I had a job for a short while writing in Delphi. Unfortunately, the code
that was already written was riddled with problems (hey, let's blit the same
bitmap 27 times >before< we show the window). But of course, the current
guys (me included) obviously weren't qualified for our jobs, because all
that code was written in 3 weeks, and it should have taken us less than that
to fix it. They ended up letting me go before the company tanked this year.
Not pleasant stuff. I'd left my money in their 401(k), so I got to go to the
meeting dealing with dissolving that fund. The company had bought up one of
the major employers in a town of 15000, and when they went under, there were
no jobs to be found anywhere nearby.

> Hey, maybe you can get the source for TableMaster - I'm pretty sure that
> was written in Dephi.

I was going to work on a replacement for that that I've had around in
various forms for years. It's basically a language for writing random tables
in. From what I'd seen, it has a lot more functionality than TableMaster
did.
Unfortunately, recent events are going to put a big cramp in my recreational
programming for the next year.

http://www.northshield.org/royalty/index.html
(I'm that Raito guy...)

Neil Gilmore