Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

From: "David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:19:11 -0600

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

So if you are doing a bar-room brawl without weapons (bottles
or chairs), you are not engaged and can move about freely?

John,
  I would say yes.  Unless the character has UC I or better.  Then their
hands could be considered weapons.
  Something like this has come up before in another way.  I don't think it
was addressed fully. Let me start by saying I don't think anyone will agree
with this, but I feel it may be correct.  I don't think a character can
strike an adjacent figure with their hands.  I think they need a weapon.
I'm almost positive one has to engage a figure in HTH to use a fist on them.
 But like I said, I don't think anyone plays that way.

   David Michael Grouchy II

David,

One example of why it wouldn't be HTH is boxing. In the ring, a boxer is in his own hex. He reaches out and attacks with an extended arm. The hex may seem to shrink when they get up close and go "head to head", but they still seem to be in their own hex. If they go "Hand to Hand" then they are hugging eachother and the Referee will break them up.

Is this a good analogy of what is not TFT Hand-toHand combat? Or is TFT Hand-to-Hand combat refering to any fighting in the same 3 foot diameter? Is this why you concluded that you can't hit a character in an adjacent hex with your hands, because it would be under 3 feet?

Hailmelee,
John Paul