Re: (TFT) Healing spells in TFT.

In a message dated 9/5/2003 7:14:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
cgadda@earthlink.net writes:

> On the extreme communist left (another joke, guys...) is the school of
> thought that magical healing is a bourgeoisie luxury but that the
> proletariat masses should be allowed to heal at supernormal rates.

For the record, even my admittedly very rapid rate for "natural" healing
doesn't eliminate the call for healing potions & magic. It just takes the sharp
edge off so that PCs don't rely 100% on magic for their healing.

> On the other hand, Erol's healing rates make injuries a bit of a joke. It
is
> not a horrible approach, and a suitable rationale is in place, but it is a
> bit unrealistic.

As Lenin would say: "This is no accident." :-)

> So, yes, healing spells ***MUST*** exist - if they don't, then the GM is on
> a pretty sharp meat-hook to provide a convincing explanation as to why this
> is the case.

The explaination for my own campaign is that healing spells don't scale down,
that the minimum St cost for any healing spell is 50 St. So you get an IQ 19
healing spell that heals everything for 50 St, but no one has bothered to work
out the lower IQ healing spells that heal lesser amounts at a cost of 50 St
in fatigue.

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com