Re: (TFT) Attributes of legendary status - question for the list

At 06:11 PM 9/5/03 +0000, John J Hyland wrote:

My question for the list is this:

Do you place an upper limit on the attribute scores of your players?

Obviously I do not. If you want a 25 ST, more power to you, you can do what you want with your experience as far as I am concerned. Admittedly the issue usually only comes up in a fairly long running campaign, but what do you think?

John

I didn't in TFT. Ran for 7 years and only got up to about 46-point characters. However what we did do was introduce rules which compare the point totals of combatants _including_ magic bonuses, and award experienced based on the difference between them. So Captain Kill with Fine Plate over Iron Flesh and a magic battleaxe to boot, is only going to get a couple of EP for each unarmored 25-point cannon fodder he chops in two.

I did have a very few NPC renowned warriors in the neighborhood of ST 24 doing the single-handed 2-hsd and tower shield nonsense... but they were rarely involved with players.

In the most detailed of my GURPS house rules, I did include attribute limits as part of character creation. GURPS gets a little more broken by high basic attributes than TFT does, IMO. However, there's more than one way to keep character attribute levels under control.

PvK