Re: (TFT) Healing spells in TFT.

In a message dated 9/13/2003 10:51:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com writes:

> Charles,
>     Just to throw in my two cents here...  I have been reading a lot of this
>
> discussion to my players and one of them said something I thought I would
> never hear.  He said that he would prefer it if wounds took longer to heal.
>
> Two days per point for anything up to 4 wounds.  A week per point up to 7
> wounds, and months for anything over that or done with a critical hit.
> Months!  I couldn't beleive it.
>    But he went on to say it would be interesting for a change to play in
> world where the walking wounded, and gimps of old wars were a common
> feature.   Much like he imagined the Mideval world to be.  And scars should
> never go away.

I wouldn't want the walking wounded, or permanent injuries & scars, to be
*common*, but I do see the attraction of making them possible.

That's one reason why my house rules call for rapid natural healing of
"ordinary" injury, but slow (1 point per 1d days) recovery of the physical St drain
due to "serious" injury (injury below St 0). Thus in my game, a St 12
character wounded to -8 could be up to full "hit points" in a few days (with
physickering, but no magical healing) but might take up to a month to fully recover.

Do you consider it a bug or a feature if "walking wounded" characters with
half-healed wounds are low on "hit points" and thus vulnerable to sudden death
from further injuries that are relatively minor?

--
Erol K. Bayburt
ErolB1@aol.com