(TFT) Poll?

At 04:14 PM 4/8/05 -0700, Justin Grabowski wrote:
How many of you are cinematic GMs?

Not I. Unless it's cinema verite`... Seriously, I do enjoy high-powered adventures and very powerful characters at times, but I like them to be powerful in a _realistic_ way. It deflates the effect for me if the extreme power is because the game system artificially makes it so - I want to see the effects of high power on a realistic world, not on a world where every "major character" can shrug off battleaxe hits just because they're a major character.

How many of you are realistic GMs?

I.

How many of you play TFT healing like D&D healing?

Not I. I've used stock GURPS Magic healing though, where there are spells which heal up to 4 and 8 damage per day (scale similar to TFT) each, or more if willing to risk chances of injuring failure, and I really disliked the effect on the ability of the party to ignore serious injury, take dumb risks, the need to _kill_ more people (lest they be magically healed immediately) etc.

PvK