Re: (TFT) Welcome Steve, TFT Traveler?

In case some don't know, Steve Jackson Games has published GURPS versions of the Traveller books. Of course, that means more complex than original Traveller, so if that was your real problem with Traveller, it might not help. They might be worth browsing for someone wanting to adapt Traveller to a TFT-based game though since the damage and attribute scales are probably much closer to TFT. Or, it might even make more sense with the re-write, as I think much of the difficulty learning 1980's Traveller rules was that they just weren't written clearly and had many holes in what they provided rules and explanations for. And, the spaceship combat sort of wanted you to understand vector physics... ;->

Sci Fi stuff is a bit more brutal that fantasy/medieval though because strength tends to be more about recon, understanding everything before your enemy locates you, technology, firepower, etc. Kind of like how you can get suddenly killed by one wrong move in Security Station, only worse.

PvK