Re: (TFT) Welcome Steve, TFT Traveler? --> Gurps too complex?!?!?

The rules in GURPS Traveler ARE a bit much.
This can be good, (if you want TONNES of detail
on the economics of the Imperium just buy Far
Trader), but it has its downfall.

The space ship construction rules are really,
really complex.  My fried Steve says he read
somewhere that something like 60% of the
example ships that they have published in their
books have errors in them.  (I don't know if
this is true but I could easily believe it.)

If most of their own ships have errors, then
their ship construction system likely IS too
complex.

What I did was simplify, but it would be
better if it was a reasonable level of
complexity out of the box.

Warm regards, Rick.