Re: Re: (TFT) Flying combat --> Rick's engagement rules.

Hi Eric, everyone.
  In my campaign I usually use a rule like you did in
your example below.

  TFT says somewhere that you should be reasonable about
who can engage who.  The example was a 10 year old girl
could not engage a knight in full armor.  I ruled thus:

  At any time in movement, a player can say "Character A
does not engage me!" and act as if character A is not
there.  However character A gets a free attack on the
player who is ignoring him, at either +2 DX or +2 damage
(attacker's choice) during movement.  If no (or
insignificant) damage is done, well, I guess he really
DIDN'T engage the player's character.

  This rule works very well, is logical and can help
keep Melee a game of maneuver.

  Using it, I WOULD engage the flying figure if it was
in reach of me.  It could say that I don't engage it, but
it better be prepared to risk my free blow.

  Warm regards, Rick.