[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Rules bloat (was We've lost another one...)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Rules bloat (was We've lost another one...)
- From: Christopher Fuhrman <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:01:50 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=F+DATOyl7jsA8ZAiNE2kqIzY12BaEaNB2Jk95DxeC+TMPUPWfKUjLecEKhXOnFxkDpygBbDrUhYTs5a99L5pDujRAFSHZH4zDurH/RilJ0Ajib3hd7TDXxCf1+7HDbA1HP5Lc83SmMlDwENUFTZmMmQv4n2k/wXhKd+dtMV8i0s=;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
--- ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/15/2006 4:08:10 PM Central Standard Time,
> email@example.com writes:
> > This is typical bloat that occurs when marketing people get
> > in trying to sell version N+1 of a product, even if 90% of the
> > customers are satisfied with version N. You can't make any more
> > off those who have already bought in, so you have to push them to
> > upgrade.
> You can ignore me because I'm just one of those sub-human Pod
> People, but I
> consider 3rd and 3.5 ed D&D to be enormously superior to the
> earlier editions.
> So much so that I'll cheerfully play & run 3.x games, but I won't
> run earlier
> editions at all. (If offered a chance to be a player in an
> game, I might accept if nothing else is available, but I'll do my
> best to
> convince the DM to switch to 3.x. Not marketing, just a game I
> happen to like heaps
I wouldn't say it makes you a Pod person (tm). I'd say you're part of
the 10% that was less happy with the version N and prefers the N+1.
To the other 90%, the bloat appears as marketing fluff. Perhaps the
90% are the pod people ;) BTW my numbers are obviously not scientific!
Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body