Re: (TFT) Reloading crossbows while prone

--- Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:

> Not in any rules, but I allow people to reload
> crossbows on the ground by increasing their
> reload time by two turns.

Thanks Rick - it's a reasonable limitation.

I went digging and found that under AM p.3, IV. Special options, b) change
weapon, there's this: "A prone figure must make a 3-die DX roll to ready a
weapon."

As for reloading a cross bow, I also found more contradictions in AM, p.14,
just before "Prone and kneeling Fire" in second column:

"Reloading a crossbow comes under the 'ready weapon' option for all purposes."

Then in the "Prone and kneeling fire" section: "A crossbow may be reloaded by a
prone or kneeling figure."

Ok, so not really a contradiction - "may be" perhaps implies "if it makes a
3-die DX roll", putting all the pieces together - it's probably a stretch
though.

Actually, I like the 3-die DX roll, because the delay for a prone reload could
be indefinite :-) Would it be overkill to make it necessary for each round of
reloading, e.g., two 3d vs DX for a crossbow that fires every three rounds. If
you miss a roll, that round's reload action doesn't count.