RE: (TFT) First Magic Items Purchased

Maybe it is just the way we played, but magical items beyond potions or a blessed holy symbol or something like that were not available for purchase.  We did not have Mary's Magical Mystery Mall available by any means.  This stemmed form our own thoughts that magical items were rare and precious.

A player could sell one, or maybe try to find a wizard in need of a lot of loot to enchant an item, but I think Tolkien's influence of rare or storied items was our lead.  Another reason we quit playing D&D was the characters bathed in +5 this, +3 that, giant control, dragon control, cod piece of Zeus rubbish that overwhelmed most game play.  I think rare magic items also fits in with the more gritty style of play in TFT.

Cheers!
Chris
Pokimon USA, Inc.