[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(TFT) More new Spells
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: (TFT) More new Spells
- From: "Edward Villarreal" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:16:29 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=/6CB8kyKJqCptx7Z1SR2cek9x/NKM7k6xgon3tqGooE=; b=UVx2vNz15n6d6dczE1bslkf8IOeidBQpIjv3b3Bavo9ITi59SvJhkSUxuKEAt/uMZr MRJsSYDhxPbNKAaRMkVAkFG/Jnx/mz/jiKq2QYLRTl3O7j+2INu6s0hIOslo/fCP0CPT PSQd/rHvqOZKET6VjNuAEu0SaG4iJT78RutwY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=hjXfcXNRkgxnfBO6+UKUP7xjUhNUUvIZ/ggyveW2Dn7ppqvLU9yW9hR1ZyTHywV7sa 0m+HICjP3CMGO9u1PNiPMMWp/lEvHKaSTZyzT7MzwnsLusQ6iYZ16F8eAMC2JZdu8Gn+ HfcNJ/xA4GA4CsYVE/1fmy3st8S67n//DuJ48=
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
MEDITATE (S): No ST Cost, if the wizard makes a 4 die roll against (DX+IQ)
he enters a state where he recovers from fatigue at twice his normal rate.
He remains in the meditative state until all fatigue points are recovered or
he is disturbed. While in the meditative state the wizard is capable to
casting any spells he knows that do not require movement or awareness of his
immediate area through his five senses. The normal cost for these spells is
paid however fatigue recovery remains at twice the normal rate. Also while
in the meditative state the wizard may not draw ST from a strength battery
(though he may charge it), and the casting of an Aid spell (or any spell) on
him will disturb and thus awaken him. An exception to this is made for the
use of his staff, if his staff contains a Strength battery he may draw from
COMBINATORSIS: (S) The union of two or more wizards in the casting of a
spell beyond the abilities of a single wizard. While Combinatorsis can be
used to cast any spell, it is specifically used in the casting of spells
who's intellectual requirements are greater than the capacity of a single
mind to grasp. This fusion of minds results in a combined intellect equal
to the highest IQ in the group plus half the average of the rest of the
group (36 IQ minimum). Other uses are to cast spells with high ST costs, or
for long period of times. An additional use is the sustained telepathy
The spell should be cast from within a pentagram, if not all rolls are at
one additional die. If the spell is cast from in a pentagram all wizards
who participate must be in the pentagram. This spell requires a multi-stage
process. 1 ST to cast and 1 ST per turn from the group to maintain. Each
stage takes one turn.
1. Stage one: all wizards must cast Meditate. Any wizard who fails this
roll must leave the pentagram without disturbing the other wizards, (3 die
roll vs DX), or the entire group can try again.
2. Stage two: cast Telepathy; each wizard must cast telepathy on another
one until all are linked in a closed circle. Once this is done all of them
are linked to each other. Each wizard pays 4 ST to cast Telepathy, but once
linked the cost to maintain is only 1 ST for the entire group. Note the
groups telepathy extends beyond the spells normal limits, the group is able
to communicate freely with more than normal clarity.
3. Stage three: rest until all ST is recovered (not counting ST used to
4. Stage four: each wizard rolls 4 die vs their (DX+IQ) to continue to
the next stage (this is the main part of the Combinatorsis spell) cost 1 ST
from each wizard then 1 ST from the group per turn to maintain. If any
wizard fails he may try again, this takes another turn. They can continue
to try until no ST remains, if this happens the entire spell fails.
5. Stage five: cast the primary spell, this spell is cast as if the group
was a single wizard with the groups IQ (see above) and with the groups
average DX. Normal ST costs to cast apply, but are drawn from the entire
6. Stage six: continue the spell/spells and/or cast another. Repeat.
7. Continue, as long as wished or until any member of the group falls
unconscious at which point the spell ends.
While this spell can be used to cast spells with an IQ requirement higher
than anyone in the group possess the only way to learn such a spell would be
as a group. However this is also a good way to teach new group members that
spell. There are other implication's in regards to learning, (and
forgetting) however I want to see if you guys reach the same conclusions I
This spell is one of the reasons for the continued existence of Guilds.
Remember that due to the Meditate spell the wizards are recovering from
fatigue at twice their normal rate.
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body