(TFT) Variants = flavor of the age

Rules variants are the flavor of the age.

   So, rules variants are the flavor of the age.  Well I've got one.  Tell me
what you think.  Don't be shy.  You know I wouldn't.

   Change the HUMANOID RACES to read ``. . . BASED ECONOMY.``  Have all the
exact same stats and special abilities including the penalty of double exp for
some.  Use the existing cross breed rules.  Here is a conversion table.

   MEN = Crafting based economy
   ORCS = Plundering based economy

   ELVES = Recording  based economy

   DWARVES = Warehousing  based economy

   GOBLINS = Appraising based economy

   HOBGOBLINS = Handling  based economy

   HALFLINGS = Herding  based economy

   PROOTWADDLES = Advertising based economy

   CENTAURS = Hunting based economy

   GIANTS = Farming based economy

   GARGOYLES = Prospecting  based economy

   REPTILE MEN = Transporting  based economy

   MERMEN = Fishing based economy

   Or is there some important reason that combat should be adjusted before
race is take out of the game.  I really hope I'm not alone in seeing this.  It
seems incredible how many years people will spend chasing one gnat while
maintaining blindness to the whole camel.  It the day ever going to come where
what has the most meaning to us can be summed up in two words.  Word value.

David Michael Grouchy II