RE: (TFT) Playing in character

Good post.

A few years ago, I was brought into a D&D group. I did the fighter thing for a while- too much like me, or rather the fantasy me. In my TFT days, I usually enjoyed a wizard of some sort. This time around, I did something different. I dropped the fighter and created a female character who was a cleric/bard type. I apparently did a decent job at it and I liked doing it. I found it a little difficult to be honest but it certainly made me think about the character more and actually roleplay something other than myself. It's not easy releasing your "inner woman". ;-) The character is the one who wrote that magazine, "The Scroll", that I mentioned in some earlier post and forwarded to someone. That took a lot out of me!

What I have not done with this group is play non-humans. I am shying away from it and I can't really say why. When asked, I just said I find humans complex enough to do just about whatever I want. I really don't think I could play a dwarf or an elf these days. I just don't have it in me. It would be a caricature.

Just some thoughts. Probably over analyzing. Probably rather dorky on top of it.

Aidan