Re: (TFT) Interesting re: Thrown Pole Weapons

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:17, Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Doesn't this mean that a figure armed with a spear could move three hexes
> in a straight line, throw the spear, and do double damage with the pole
> weapon attack? There is nothing in Melee that I've found to contradict this
> interpretation...
> [snip]
> In Advanced Melee, this is not possible, since throwing a weapon is an
> entirely seperate Option: "b. throw a weapon OR jab with a pole weapon." You
> can not throw as part of a charge.

Sounds like it's legal according to Melee. But, as you point out, it's not
possible in AM. I'd bet that the AM change is a fix to this "loophole" in
Melee.

It would be interesting to play-test it your way to see how unbalanced (or
not) it makes the game.

Thinking about double-damage from a thrown spear, I see that damage for
Spear has been nerfed over the iterations of Melee to AM. That is, in
various copies of Melee, damage for a Spear is listed as 1+2, then 1+1, and
finally just 1 in Advanced Melee (when used 1-handed).

--
Cris Fuhrman
Sent from Morgantown, West Virginia, United States