Re: (TFT) Action Report - DCG's "The Dark Vale"; also rules comments

Yes, he didn't identify himself as one, but the others did, and he acted like one, though it's also a good case, it seems to me, of an actual character, as opposed to an artificial RPG class.

The Hobbit starts out with an elaborate race description of hobbits and other non-humans on the subject of habbits and degrees of _stealth_ and alertness. Which, TFT seems to have _replaced_ with built-in Missile Weapons & Thrown Weapons talents (before ITL existed). To model Tolkien hobbits, I would develop the stealth rules a bit and give them bonuses to silent movement and alertness, but probably not to missile weapons or thrown weapons (thrown weapons at most as a cultural skill, but not +3 DX for all ranged attacks on top of any skills they might also study).

Anyway, the point is that while Bilbo didn't exactly steal
*everything* not nailed down, he definitely qualifies as a thief as
well as a burglar.

- Meg