Re: (TFT) Goblin port

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Beutel"
Subject: Re: (TFT) Goblin port

I don't believe it takes a kid 8 seconds for a single pushup....... i
do believe that would probably make it harder on them!

I imagine that this is a bit like running where the average speed is not the top speed.
7 sets of 30 in 15 min is an average of 1 every 4.28 seconds.
Of course those 17 to 29 year olds (kids means Jay can't do that no more) are compleating a set of 6 different excercises over a 12 minunet period w/o stopping between exercises or sets. All six exercises are like 632 reps combined while my age group has about 340 reps combined in class A.
Nonesense says I and try the 17 to 29 class A reps.
It seems the fellas that did the army study knew a bit more about this stuff than my instencts do.
Of course, I'm likely less than Joe Average.
Also, what little I can find on this program makes me think that this was developed for field officers stuck in the civilian world for awhile as particular attention is given to space required and substitute exercises for situations where one is in a a hotel room and has a downstairs neighbor or etc.

I wanted to pull timings for some of the odd movements required but as you point out the averages make questions about how quickly a Figure can do a pushup kinda moot.

What I'm trying to describe with this is DX.
I use 1 second divided by a Figures DX to determine reaction speeds curently.
This is probably too fast.
This has Joe Average throwing a straight punch of about 2.5 feet at about 25 feet per second or around 17 mph.
Alex Huynh only threw a punch at 40 fps (~27 mph) on Fight Science.
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=675
Joe Hero throwing that punch with DX 30 is at about 75 fps and Joe Athleate is at around 50 fps by that method. Now I try to set Joe Hero a little bit beyond current 'world records' and such but until I find evidence of the 50+ mph punch then I'm thinking I'm gonna have to dial this back by about 25% or more.

5 second pushups seems to speak more to fST than overall quickness of motion. =====