Re: (TFT) Mars - Rick was hot.

My understanding was that the potential liquid water may be a form of
brine.  Perchlorates have been detected on the surface, as have other
salts.  This would lower the freezing point of water considerably, as well
as provide potential organisms with a non-photosynthetic means of producing
energy.  Does that sound right?