Re: (TFT) Long Term Play

Great points Joey.

I consider this stuff as questions of how I'm "framing" the experience I'm
offering to players.
Some things are more compact from a time pov than others.
If your playing with a "sandbox" style then you'll need more detailed
procedures than might be required form an intense period of action where
downtime is focused on healing rather than building or progeny.
Most "Heroic" stuff doesn't require such focus.
LOTR?
What was that? A year or two?
Harry Potter?
High School...
Star Trek?
Pretty much a Harry deal, 5 years.
That's a quarter of a generation the way I count...
Good stories all I think.
I just like setting up the sandbox a certain way and turning players loose
in it.
Once you develop the video game you sit back and watch players play in the
environment.
In my way of thinking it's one of the great pleasures in development.
Not everyone want's to play that way.
I can go dramatic, in the moment, also.
Blah, I hate the phone.
Anyway I'm trying to make the point that if the story is over the course of
a year, or a few, then ageing seems to me as more of a function of how many
Character Points they can garner in  a large number of turns compared to a
"Joe Average".
Elseif, over the years it morphs into a Character Point loss function over
time given then longer term considered.
Monopoly with RPG assassination attempts could make for a VERY long game in
real-time...