Re: (TFT) Jobs table: 100,000 simulated soldiers and farmers

On Monday, September 12, 2011, Joey wrote:
> It doesn't matter if the number is realistic,

I'm not trying to pick up apart here but... ???

>the point is percentages... if you have 10 soldiers, 5 of them die in 10
years of service (I actually found that believable, as 10 years straight of
military service could be a risky proposition in low tech societies).  if
any of them make it to 70, that guy is likely to be a godlike fighter...

With you here...

> So it doesn't matter that 100,000 is a lot for three reasons: 1) you could
be looking at more than one area, or over a long time. 2) its just for
looking at percentages, anyway, and 3) given those numbers, the whole model
is fairly unrealistic, so trying to reanalyze it by attaching realistic
modifiers (like the ones you were) steps away from the initial point, which
is that TFT's system doesn't work if you're looking at a population.

Well I think it matters if your in a little village like Bendwyn.
If the players handle the local toughs then I think it's not fair for the GM
to just pour more "Stats" into the battle just because the players shouldn't
have hit that 4 on 3d6 or whathaveyou.

uhhhhh

http://leofrankowski.com/content/?q=the_cross-time_engineer