Re: (TFT) Daily Life...

I've got to say, if you actually have an argument regarding how the
Catholic Church is the cause of civilization (in a direct and active
way, especially), I'd love to hear it.

Now, you do have a degree in history, so I know that things like
"sunday school history" or "3rd grade eurocentrism" are not the basis
of your argument. Please enlighten me, and I actually mean that (not
in the obnoxious internet sorta way people will use it).

I am not an expert on the history of the catholic church or even any
sort of history, but I've done my fair share of reading (including
wikipedia) on the subject, and having been in the 3rd grade, I can
guarantee that the common argument seemed to be much more pro-church
than books like Constantine's Sword, A Distant Mirror, or an AP Euro
text book in high school. Then again, the story of Galileo and similar
have probably been with me for a bit longer than all that, and
certainly influences my view, as it should.

However, I defer to the expert-- you-- to explain. The other experts
have pushed me the opposite direction.