Re: (TFT) Daily Life...

I think the starting point for the GM is always "how realistic / escapist do I want to make this adventure / world?" That's the level where the players actions and events are felt the most. Justifying or making it more "real" is something that can always be improvised as you go along. REmember, the players and their characters don't necessarily have to know everything or even anything about what's going on and why. The lives of medieval people didn't extend much past their face. There was nothing except rumor and gossip for news and it traveled by live person. Unless an event actually transpired before them, it wouldn't be known. This low-level point of view can be very liberating for the gamers and also makes life easier for the GM. In many ways it is also most "realistic" for the adventure. An extreme example of this would be an adventure where the GM also didn't know what was going to happen next, but rather was working from a series of quite random tables. Exciting for all. =====