Re: (TFT) Politics ramblings

"What complicates things is that these two get tied together so often."

It's an interesting point.
I think they get tied together because so much authority is derived from
myth and so both refer to the mythos that the culture uses to describe the
"who are we and what is our purpose" questions that provide the basis for a
culture.
It's easier that way.
A myth is to a culture what a charter is to a city.

It's simple from a game mechanics standpoint but yes, sprinkle in
real-world current conditions and it's a mess.
Still, cooking up cultural myths is lots of fun.
Ever been to Cricket?