Re: (TFT) Re: Normal Human in Champions

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Jay Carlisle <maou.tsaou@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember noticing after play that in a big battle with Mechanon I had put
> the players most on edge with a minor henchman I designed for a support
> role.
> They knew Mechanon's sheet but who the heck was THIS guy?!?
> For all they knew this guy was tailor made for somebodies disadvantages.

Some of the best BBGs were huge toolboxes of player annoyance. I
pitted my group against Overlord (from the Strikeforce book) on one
occasion, and the thing that took them from "beat" mode to "thwart"
mode was when one of them took his best board control shot and blinded
Overlord and two of his minions... and Overlord pinpointed the PC and
blew him into the next county using his "Hearing as Targeting Sense"
to locate him.  THAT shook the rest of the PCs.  Fortunately for them,
it had been a "thwart" fight all along; Overlord had wanted a quiet
meeting, and he got a pile of loud capes instead...