Re: (TFT) TFT and whimpy shields.

Shields make you easier to hit not harder... they make you harder to hurt.
Bucklers?
A MAJOR issue with RPG's is it's a medium but unlike Hollywood that is
tied strongly to objective technology that must be developed like the
camera that forces development over time when the baleful eye was
drawn from her bastions in the east to the little clamor 'mongst the
milkcows and ventured to capitalize on the lions share of the mammons
it moved in it's 4 minutes of fame with development focused not on the
artistic potentials of the medium itself but rather game a for genera
1, game b for genera 2 and etc including flavor of the month
programe/movie game and another object lesson for Jay in just how
badly he can manage to be wrong... although I CAN claim lack of
information for those who can't remember the days before computers
much less internet (interesting thing about an 800baud today... a
packet a day may be similar to my voice of mountains thing with a
phrase per decade unnoticed by you or me...)
It was very word of mouth and who hasn't played gossip?
What did I expect? But I HATE HATE HATE giving false info and over the
years I'd repeated bad info like The Glide playing Hoops at Lamar
(Houston), pegging my lady of the morning as an annual (the wine 'ud
be quite fine though huh?) or the complexities that go on between
creative groups like the D&D tales of old and of course little
brothers HT & SJ not too mention a few "Guys" who deserve at LEAST
fifth beet ringo-laurels of honor if not more.
I cringe from digging further though as I start feeling I'm getting
personal rather than the "story" of it but my goodness its a mighty
humble pie for a loony who's back to student skinny over this and
looks like the play may start with me (Cough) Walloon droogies to
avoid dropping unhoopy terms for a GREAT political model of a muddle,
and hey... when ya gotta go ya gotta go as that lil boy knows so I may
be on the other table and not worry that my GRIPES will be hurtful
somehow but I keep forgetting what a munchkin has become of one of the
giants shoulders upon which this stands cause I'll fly away to glory
as the king of birds or stay out in the cold alone
The journey's the thing, the products just a ring which for a mighty
potential never did much of anything
The universals are the force the tool amplifies, the area covered over
time to cover it, and the accuracy of the placement, all proportional
to a human Figure meaning at around 3 feet the sword is gonna start
having ground contact issues and etc and similar limits that must be
adjusted for in use
Why does everything on the equipment list have to be on sale in the
same place all at once?
No WONDER there are no merchants much less politics etc... just the
martial types with some bizzar fiat of gold one might expect if the
stone had been of a philosophical turn rather than the salt the widdow
of windsor seasons her Earth with and the church that was built on it
So has anyone tried charging with weapons at all?
Please do so if we ever get into a duel... you take whatever spear you
like and I think I'll likely come out even against the resident
experts what'd destroy me otherwise and have a shot with a spear,
especially these days as my walkabouts are done for this life with the
structure in my left knee freefloating and poping out after loosing
something in the tendons and so it goes, Jay's MA cut about in half
and a number of new limits that I get a little reminder of if I forget
Here's a question, what's the easier weapon to make, a morning star or a spear?
Wicker shields work till say the blades go from bronze to iron, like
the guns, then one needs to research something new... hides say
Although there's much to be said for the Milo and Otis, chunk a dog
down into a pit with a badger, stick a cat in a tree with a snake
approach I prefer the grand game this all used to be a part of before
the dungons the thing caught on and I got stuck with this... glorified
tin soldiers meant to glorify war to kids so at the "charge" order
they go
I ended up in bloody infantry, just in a generation lacking the
numbers to bleed but gen Y has replenished the fodder and Flanders
parched by x is quenched by y all to bankers glee
A century of the plan to hide the public hatched on Jeckel island
marks the close the year of the snake
I speak a bit of parsel tongue but I TOLD her if your gonna do it GO BIG
Instead they wussed out and really, what more could the jerks have
done past what they did?
What a wuss... couldn't stop the valley people because the chariots
were iron, gambles with the devil, rapes women and advocates a
practice that makes me laugh when the "proper" ones yell over
something like a tatoo but those are the ones thinkin god is a name
and the "book" was written in english
It was the blood fetish and eating people bit that gagged me
Everybody wants to be THE ONE when I'd just like to have a standard
for the simple stuff like the wheel
The charge attack shouldn't even be in TFT as it's probably the worst
offender of mucking up the visuals for what's supposed to be 5 second
turns but is obviously a single maneuver and on top of that fails to
account for a failure to strike... an oops indeed considering the
direction the charger is going
Anyone care to tell me how many steps will fall in those 3 hexes to
contact... that then stops somehow?
How does the fullback have any shot at a goalline punch like THAT?!?
Killing as the first priority has Whitnail'ed gaming to my I and if
Indigo can't fence... well then, kan pei or dry cup my friends
More if my little strongvault online backup can not stand stuff
doesn't draw the boys from the army camp about... half a mile I guess?
This is my world seeing as no one else will take responsibility for it
and like the game stuff once Pink showed real it was time for me to
buck it up cause the rest are caught in Halftans spell of fear... ever
notice how MANY they bring to get someone?
Can you count suckers? Because I say if you can count all that you can
see is YOURS!
Speak to me of summer, long summers longer than time can remember
because the path less taken may not bring me another
Highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world + premature
babies costing a million plus for care + for profit = someone on that
side of the table needs a little fear of god in them and their armor
plating is a laugh when using the stuff we taught in our little terror
school in Panama like the IED's that think IRA if Arabic isn't your
language...
We've been dancing for a while already... and I'm Batty enough to want
to meet my maker too... he did it on purpose he says but there's only
one way to make an appointment so its a win win for me Vader and if
you strike me down... yada yada yada I won't sit for it and I've got
no kids... guess its all that comes with that that helps the passivity
but walking into the gas chamber because you'll be shot?
McFly?
If there's a judgement day I'll be the one jumping outta the que to go
smack that sob and see if I can't drag his twisted, worthless ass my
image says he has down with me
I AM, where where you?
Your creations coming home papa and it's gonna be a warm embrace.