Re: (TFT) Shield Wall - Defence bonus or armor?

I think the idea that shields, shield walls, main-gauche, fencing skill,
etc.. all provide DX mods rather than damage reduction is a good one. A few
thoughts:

* Rather than a e.g. +7 mod I'd rather see attackers rolling a couple of
extra dice.
* You can't block a giant's club with a main-gauche. Nor probably even with
a buckler. I'm not sure how to handle that, there's a few ways.
* If you are using parry rolls then maybe giving bonuses to those makes
more sense. But I'm not fond of parry rolls.

---
David