Re: (TFT) Would an IQ 35 wizard be bad? More on Wishes.

Dear Rick

 Getting to 50 attribute points is a lot of work! According to the rulebook
you need 18500 EP to get to the 50th,  60 is MUCH harder you need 84500 to
get to the 60th point. I'm impressed by the impressive level your players
have been able to survive to see to that point. How do your PC's survive to
kill so many enemies without getting defeated by rolling a 16-18 then the
enemy with a spear rolls a 3 and hits with a 4 that gets +1 and sextupled
to 30 damage. How can the GM vary the rate which character advancement
goes? As far as I know the rules say you get 1 EP for each point of damage
you deal and 1 EP for each point of DEX the enemy had. Out of combat EP
will obviously vary but OOC EP becoming so large that it swamps in combat
EP seems dubious.

 I agree that getting to 30 IQ isn't ideal, but I was looking for the most
reasonable "best case scenario" possible and it still wasn't realistic.

I've not run into a campaign with any character getting past the 42nd
atribute point. Even that guy died in 1 shot to a greater demon who went on
a hot streak. (2 criticals in  row!) Once you get past 40 or so Magical
items become much more practical methods of advancement than levelups