Re: (TFT) XP for gold

Magic items Come CLOSE to being like XP for gold, you can buy 1 ST/DX for
1000 silver by getting your weapon enchanted or a magic ring of +1/+2
points. This is one of the tricks to make giants strong, gettting 3000
silver and enchanting ones own pike axe and Kite shield to get +3 total DX.

Though when my playgroups play we tend to just leave the rules as is, in
order to make the barrier to entry as low as possible.