Re: (TFT) Rick's revised weapons --- PvK's comments.

> Glave is a big honking sword.

As you say the word was used to mean all sorts of things historically or in
other languages. But used today in English "glaive" normally means not a
big sword but a moderate-sized sword on a stick. I think that's what the
word should mean in a game.

My own weapon scheme detached weapon type from strength required - a strong
guy could hit someone harder than a weak guy could, even if they both had
the same cutlass. In principle that seems to me the best scheme though
there are issues in practice.

In particular gaps seem silly, and the idea that after a certain strength
you have to set aside one-handed weapons and switch to two-handed weapons
to get any benefit is odd.

---
David