From: Rick Smith <rick_ww@lightspeed.ca>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Magic Item enchantments: Chance of critical failures.

Hi Jeff,
  Of course this is just what I think.  I believe I had said as much.

  I was saying that we had played it wrong for a long time.  We had
him rolling every week.

  Rick

On 2016-11-07, at 6:18 PM, Jeffrey Vandine wrote:

Erm... actually, he still rolls the exact same number of times.  It takes him twice as long (rolling every OTHER week).
(I bolded a different part of the sentence, that's all... *;) winking)

So, statistically speaking, I don't think there's a lick of difference.

As for the "value of the UNDERLYING item" being an "error," that's an assumption on your part, not a fact in evidence.  Just sayin'.

After all, he had numerous opportunities to correct it if it WAS an error, in the errata published in the Space Gamer, among other places.  Likewise, when the books were re-issued by HT in their second edition, it could have been corrected, but was not.

Respectfully,
Jeff