Re: Rick's comments on the Defend Option

Rock's original message, as well as some of the replies, are messages that
I did not receive from the list. (Joe wanted to know.)

As for Defend, a couple comments:

1. An adjDX over 15 is not useful in 3-die situations. It's always good to
have some headroom. If nothing else, it put you first in line for actions.

2. Where the standard Defend option breaks down is high-DX vs. high-DX.
You both have equal but high DX and have a 97% chance to hit each other?
Not worried about high-DX vs. low-DX. In my (real-world) experience, I
(with decades of experience) can pretty much strike at will any new guy
(with far less), even when he's fully defensive. In some ways, it's
easier, because I know I don't have to worry about him striking back.

3. I've tried various ways to compensate for what happens when both DX are
high, but equal. Nothing worked very well. It's just one of the TFT
scaling issues.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com