Re: Why not close down the Brainiac TFT forum?

That's your interpretation.  I believe that there is room for both this list and the forums, and that each can provide a good resource without "killing" the other.

As far as avoiding the commentary over there about "TFT should stay the same," that's as simple as creating a thread titled RULES THAT WILL NEVER APPEAR IN TFT, and reminding the occasional dunce that if he doesn't approve of the rules variations suggested there that he needn't implement it.

From: Rick <rick_ww@lightspeed.ca>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: Why not close down the Brainiac TFT forum?

Hi Jeff,
  If everyone posts on the SJG forum instead of here, this one WILL die.

  And I was meaning that the SJG forum was the one frozen in time.
SJ has said he intends to keep TFT very much like how it was in
1980.  When I heard that I lost a lot of interest in the new TFT.

  True, stuff that will never be in the new TFT could be posted there.  But
a lot of people there keep posting that “TFT should just stay the same!”

  I find this mailing list to be much more friendly and welcoming to
changes and rule variants.

  I have no desire to have the brainiac site to fade away.  Which means
it needs to be supported.

  Rick