From: DAVID O MILLER <davidomiller@verizon.net>
To: Melee&Wizards <tft@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: Why not close down the Brainiac TFT forum?

Thanks Rick!

I know people here are open to new things. After all we’re all gamers who really like this 30 year old game!

However, since the future of the list came up it’s got me thinking. I think the biggest barrier to me is trying to describe what a piece of terrain, or a game setup, or miniature looks like, with out posting a picture of it. It handicaps this aspect of this list, that’s all. Which means all we can really talk about are tweaks to the rules, new spells, new talents. I find that limits what this list can achieve. Most of the discussions really seem to run together here, they’re so similar.

And I’ve had this discussion in the past so I know this will never change. This list will never accept photos being posted, for a variety of reasons. Which is why I lurk here more than post. I still find what most members talk about to be of some interest. And I still hold TFT close to heart. However, most discussions get a bit too number crunchy for me. You guys really like minutia when it comes to rules. I guess I’m more of a casual gamer that likes to wow people with cool looking terrain and miniatures.

And because of this I hate to think that we’ve scared off the more creative, dungeon “craft", TFT players. That would be a shame.

So, any other members of this list have a creative flair when it comes to playing TFT? Do you play it with miniatures, stone floor printouts, model furniture, etc, similar to other "Role Playing Board Games” such as HeroQuest, Descent, and others?

David
David O. Miller
Miller Design/Illustration