Re: [Slope: Ch 10] Thrown Spell talent - change?

Oooo good points.

Yeah, Sleep & Freeze can be a problem. But I usually handled it by ruling that bosses aren't effected by such spells, the way some large figures aren't by other spells like Rope.

I completely agree about buffs/debuffs. But Sleep & Freeze are debuffs.

I think, really, the problem is that TFT was designed as a combat game, not a role-playing game. ITL didn't change this. There's no balance in favor of survivability. Figure dies? No biggie, just create a new one of X points, and try your opponent again -- or just re-fight the same combat with the same Toon.