Re: Steve Jackson - major change to TFT.

I like the idea of improving spells that way - it means a wizard can go for IQ over DX and still master spellcasting well enough, eventually, at least.

The staff recharge thing seems to need some development. If you can stuff ST into it at 5:1, it invites lots of organized resting and Aid spells, etc. I think just having it recharge at about 1 per 8 hours by itself seems about right to me. But of course that means it can't be recharged in a rush... I dunno, I'll need to stew or playtest or something to know how I really like it.