Re: Steve Jackson - major change to TFT.

The only one that seems to change how the game plays (instead of between game character modification) is the staff rule which suggests that the wizard won't be in a position where they cast a bunch of spells and then get killed when a cat swipes them across the ankle.

Personally, I jettison all XP rules from all games and use my own (except for Chaosium's BRP variants), as changing them has zero effect on gameplay, but I can see how people who enjoy TFT's experience rules would not like the change.