Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 10:42 AM, Angelina Defense <angelina.defense@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't keep up with Brainaic.com digest anymore.  I actually appreciate Rick raising issues that might impact play.
> A quick note about cost for healing.  The "repair" spell cost is 6ST.  I fail to understand how "repairing" a human body could be less ST cost than that.  Also, magic items that heal for one, two or 1d6 have to be created by wizards using spells that they can cast.  So, I do favor having some sort of spell that a battle mage could conceivably cast.  But, It needs to be costly.

Hi all,
  The repair spell that Richard mentions is in my big list of spells.
My healing spells cost 4 fST, but the repair spell works instantly.
My healing spells take days to work.  (They simply speed natural
healing.)  So the two are not exactly parallel.

> Anyway, GM's have been "getting around" all of this using house rules for years.  It seems to me that an in-depth study of GM solutions would produce a set of play-tested options to adopt.  But SJ doesn't do that from what I can tell -- or he pulls only from his own creative team (which seems more likely the case).  And so, we are left to adopt the new system or not.  Few people still use the original Mele books over the Advanced books.  Maybe the new set of rules will catch on the same way.. and maybe not.
>
> Good Fortune,
> Richard

I agree.  I originally feared that Steve Jackson would pretty much
ignore the forum of fans, but I think he has made a couple big
changes based on feedback, so props to him.

Warm regards, Rick.