Re: Hob-goblin Companion Cavalry

>The running-alongside-horses trick I would guess was mostly for operational and maybe some strategic, though some have suggested it was used tactically too.
- Really? I can't imagine trying to get an alongside horse tow for very long being a safe or practical proposition.

>TFT is essentially a tactical game, with operational and strategic elements getting minimal coverage, and specifically a small unit game, and traditionally an underground environment game. So methods of getting around used at levels above tactical, or which only make sense for a large formation - i.e. most of military history - probably aren't of great interest to TFT.
- Overland travel was one of the main aspects of our campaign play, and more often than not involved a wagon to carry supplies, equipment, the wounded, etc.

Action with wagons and/or chariots seems as common and interesting to me as mounted or flying combat.