Re: WotR - Escorting the Ring with army units.

Hi Peter,
	In this game, the Fellowship often splits, so the Dark
Power Player (DPP) does not know which or 2 or 3 groups
has the One Ring.

	If a military leader wears the Ring, it is a big deal.
The leader gets +2 morale (which is a very big deal in
combat) and the DPP knows where it is.

	However, if the Ring is not put on (say held by a chain
around your neck), then it does not attract much attention.

	In my Event Deck there are 3 cards which cause an
attempt to Seize the Ring in various ways, and other cards
which simulate the weight of the Ring on the spirits of
those near it.  But these cards do their work without
indicating WHERE the Ring is.

	I’m not sure how often David has played the game, but
his concern (that Armies escort the Ring all over the map),
does not happen in practice.  When it does, it is often only
for a single turn or two, because the Ring must be snuck
into Mordor, and no army escort will hack it.

	Warm regards, Rick.