Re: (TFT) TFT copyrights and adventures

At 08:02 PM 7/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Dan's DT variant is good too.  I do something similiar.  I make up my own
>rooms w/ their contents on 3 by 5 cards.  Shuffle them up and draw them out
>as needed.  I keep a cardfile
>and add new rooms all the time.  Never know what rooms will be drawn.

At the risk of sounding commercial here... have you ever considered using
TableMaster for this? Really! You could set up a few tables to generate an
endless set of room contents, arrangements, and of course monsters.

Very simple example:

.table Room-Contents
Room contains:
.roll <1d6>
1  <1d3> Bear\s
2  <2d4> Wolves
3  <1d2> Giant snake\s
4  1 Giant
5  <1d3+1> Gargoyles
6  <1d8> Orc\s

You can get as fancy as you want with this. For example, here's some output
from one of the tables from Fantasy Table Pack II:

> Section 1 is 20' of low, wide crawl, measuring approximately 25' wide by
> 4' high, going generally southward. It slopes steeply upward (20
> degrees). The rough floor is wet stone, with a stream 2' wide running
> down it. The ceiling is irregular. The ruins of an outpost are visible
> about 5' from the start of this section.
>
> Section 2 is a domed cavern 50' long, 36' wide, and 18' high. The rough
> floor slopes almost imperceptably upward (3 degrees), and is sandy, with
> a stream 5' wide slowly flowing down it. The ceiling is irregular. The
> chamber has a vandalized shrine to a reptilian deity.

It would actually be a fairly trivial affair to set up some tables to
generate your own unique "Death Test" for every run!

-- Jean

   Wintertree Software

http://www.wtsoft.com

    -=[ PLEASE DON'T FEED THE SPAMMERS ]=-
Boycott all junk emailers and Usenet spammers!