Re: (TFT) Re:Megasilence

>Joel Sira posts, in part:
>
>  Theres a house rule to make fatigue for spells separate
>  for strength, thereby gurpsifying TFT... i really dont
>  like that rule... any.
>
>When I first read the rules, that was one of the first things I thought of -
>it didn't feel right for really powerful wizards to have to be muscle bound.
>
>In practice, though, I found it wasn't necessary, at least as far as my
>characters progressed (mostly from microquests).  You can get a pretty good
>wizard with strength still in the low teens.

Point of clarification (unless I'm misunderstanding everyone's
interpretation) -- my variant rules don't separate *Strength* from
fatigue.  Strength is still the attribute.  All I do is separate fatigue
loss from damage.  A Strength 12 wizard still has only 12 "hit points"
and 12 points with which to cast spells.  It all comes from the same
attribute.  I just didn't like (some interpretations) that after casting
several spells, it suddenly took less damage to kill a wizard.

--Andrew M.