(TFT) Homebrew Rules

Joe,

You have links to Ty's TFT page and this is good for articles and republished works, but I would like a growing TFT talents & rules list that our group monthly adds to and updates. I think using the Andrew Morris's section as a base would be great (if its OK to dilute Andrew's work.) If not, save his original work off to the side next to the group database. Andrew (or is it Chris), I like your groupings of topics.

I pulled these comments from Hartely back in '98, but I don't recall the date:

Chris Nicole's updated the "Home Rules" list compiled by Andrew Morris and done a fine job of turning the whole thing into HTML. Included this time around are some of the new talents originally published in TSG. As always, the website's at http://www.brainiac.com/tft/

I'd like to include a little of our off-list email on the topic:

Chris Nicole <chris@loran.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Joe, I have updated the variant rules page to include the new
stuff, I have also done a little reorganising of the sections. I hope that's ok. I think we should encourage new rules, spells, talents and variants and make them available. For tft to stay alive it needs to grow. There are quite a few parts here that contradict the published TFT rules with little explanation or justification. By posting them on the TFT site I hope we promote more discussion of variant rules, we can come up with something better for rules we disagree with. (Hopefully without offending too many people)

I fully agree with Chris, and it's exactly why I started the list. Not everyone will agree on the rules, or the necessity of them, but it's always interesting to read the two sides.

Joe

I don't know how to do HTML, but I do have my homebrew rules in Excel or Word. Can we send attachments to you (you provide your own VIRUS vaccines) for inclusion in the system. I could cut and paste them here except I notice that the tabs go wacko in e-mail and you'll end up getting word soup.

[Before I post my TFT Careers skill packages, I'd like to see if I can attach them first.]

I would like to include some of the things in Ty's list as part of this group database. Ty would you (or we can contact the copyright holders on any of those articles) mind if we inserted some of your materials into it?

---------
Another historical item:

Subject: (TFT) TFT->Gurps->TFT conversion rules? From: JDS <strytelr@pop.erols.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:21:35 -0400

any one have TFT to gurps or gurps to TFT conversion rules?

Yes, a short homebrew version. If you've read Interplay and Spacegamer articles and player contributions to TFT you'll notice that the items after ITL came out seem to have ended up in GURPS. <We're worried about Howard Thompson and copyright issues when GURPS is around?> It seems that GURPS is a perfect sourcebook for TFT.

Using GURPS Attribute Advantage and Disadvantages (using the disadvantage articles from Spacegamer as a guide) I came up with:

	take the GURPS advantage and divide it by 5.
	therefore a 15 point GURPS phobia becomes a 3 point TFT phobia.

The talent pool is great raid also. I'll work on adopting them to our TFT database.

As JDS asks, is there a conversion article?

John Paul