(TFT) Re: Hail Melee

Long time lurker and have played Melee, Wizard, and The Fantasy Trip almost
since its inception.

Name: Justin Grabowski

City/State:    Originally from Philadelphia, now live near Yorktown, VA

Nearest Con:  ??????

My Stuff:  Everything related to the game (Codex, Interplays, modules,
etc.), including Gamelords modules related to Land beyond the Mountains
campaign.

PBM/PBe-M:  No, but sounds interesting.

It's fantastic that Cidri still exists.  I ran a TFT:ITL campaign that
lasted from 1979-1986 and for a short time in 1992, but because of schooling
and new borns I gave it up.  Schools over and the babies can now almost take
care of them self, I'm back.

About two years ago on searching the web there was nothing that exciting.
Last August, I found this list and  Andrew Morris' and Ty's site.  Hopefully
Andrew and Ty will add something to their sites soon.  I may use a lot of
their home rules when I campaign again.

I would like you all to peruse and critique two of my many home rules.
The first is a new talent and the second is a combat addition that were both
used by my groups and well liked.

Talent
IQ 9:
First Aid (1).  Basic physickering (barbering).  This is the ability to know
how to take care of wounds.  A character with this talent can heal one point
of wounds after combat or an accident.  In order to do this the character
must have a physicker kit.  When a character has this talent, the physicker
talent costs 1 IQ point less to learn.  Of course, the character must have
an IQ of 11 to become a physicker.

Combat Addition:
Natural Defense
In combat there is a lot of movement, bobbing and weaving, etc., this rule
is in relationship to that movement.  Because of a high DX it becomes harder
to hit an opponent because of their better ability to dodge a strike.  This
simple rule is related to adjusted Dexterity.

Rule:
Target has to have an IQ of at least 7 and the adjusted dexterity (adjDX) to
gain this benefit.

adjDX 12    -1 for the attacker to hit
adjDX 16    -2 for the attacker to hit
adjDX 20    -3 for the attacker to hit
adjDX 24    -4 for the attacker to hit and so on for every four points of
adjusted Dexterity.

Natural defense cannot be used against flank or rear attacks, unless the
target/character has the eyes behind spell placed upon it and then natural
defense can be used.  Natural defense can be used against a thrown attack,
if the target is not engaged.  The only time this defense can be used
against a missile attack is if the target is dodging because of the high
velocity of most missiles.

Enjoy, peruse, critique
Yours in Cidri