Re: (TFT) Re: Quickness/IQ and parry system

	The above system sounds a lot like my superscript system,
you might look it up in the archives to see how I handled the problem.

	One thing I've done is allowed people to take talents to make
them harder to hit (shields in particular can give the enemy negative
modifiers to DX, and the fact that some thing can always sneak up
behind the PC where the shield does not protect makes a nice ballance
to it.

	All of these talents require the player to say they are using
them (usually at some cost to their DX or legal actions) so I don't have
to remember who has what combination of talents.

	I've tried MANY different variations on parrying and none
were one that I really liked.  Let me throw an idea out here for the list to
think over,  this has NEVER been tried out.  A talent or skill that is
very difficult for people to learn that requires an OK IQ and high DX
means that it takes an enemy longer than 5 seconds to be allowed a
legal attack on you.  While this defense is up, you could attack HIM
but at -6 DX or something.

	This buys you time,  means that if you are good, the enemy
can still get a hit (many parrying schemes I've seen allow very good
figures to avoid being hit by lower level figures altogether), and reduces
the number of die rolls rather than increasing them.

	Thanks for the ideas.

	Rick